At Dataquest, we’re currently recruiting for a Finance Manager to join our Finance Team.
We’re a leading IT, Print and Telecoms Solutions company based in the heart of the business district, minutes’ walk from Liverpool Street, Moorgate, Old Street and Shoreditch High Street stations. We’re surrounded by bars, restaurants, cafes and pop-ups, and there’s even a bit of greenery nearby!
Our office space is open-plan and we have a friendly, social culture; from our shareholders down, we live the motto “Work hard, play hard”, demonstrated by our social events throughout the year. We’re passionate about developing our talent; we invest in our people and support them to build a career with us.
As we’re looking for someone to act as a ‘number 2’ to our FD, broad experience across the whole of the finance function, with a particularly strong understanding of the objectives and workings of internal financial control, is a must. Our work environment is high volume and fast-paced, so you’ll need to be prepared to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in supporting your colleagues; you’ll need to be just as happy supporting our less-experienced members of the team as you are working alongside our FD.
The ideal candidate will be qualified with a recognised accountancy body, and will:
• Have excellent system skills with experience of using accounting software at an administrator level (As we use Sage 200, candidates with Sage experience have a distinct advantage);
• Have demonstrable experience successfully implementing and delivering projects and process improvements;
• Have a good understanding of the various UK tax systems;
• Have demonstrable experience in industry (non-practice)
• Have experience of managing, supporting and developing others;
• Be highly articulate, with excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with internal and external contacts at all level with confidence.
• Be proactive and organised, with excellent time management, always delivering work by the deadline.
• Have a desire to grow and progress with the Company
Please note that this position does not offer sponsorship, so successful candidates must be able to demonstrate they hold the right to work in the United Kingdom.
The role is incredibly varied, and you’ll be expected to work across the function, providing your support and expertise where required, ensuring that the department is run effectively and efficiently. Our FD has a number of exciting projects to complete (including implementing a paperless purchase invoicing system and migrating to a new BACS platform) and you’ll be heavily involved in supporting him to ensure these projects are delivered successfully and by the deadline. We’re also looking to grow as a Company, so there will be the opportunity to pitch in and support with an acquisition process.
In addition to project work, some of the tasks you’d get involved with include:
• Monthly commissions calculations and production of sales reporting pack;
• Ensure the correct treatment of Company financial transactions from a tax perspective;
• Manage an effective and efficient credit control function, ensuring a strong monthly cash flow;
• Take ownership of preparation of year-end audit files and creation of annual statutory financial statements;
• Overseeing quarterly VAT returns and submissions
• Project accounting
• To support the FD and Company Directors with annual budgeting and forecasting
If this role sounds like a good fit for you, please submit your CV and a covering letter! We aim to do all our recruitment in-house, so no agencies, please!